We offer a two-hour free public lecture about depression "Depresja to nie tabu" (Depression is not a taboo). The lecture is addressed to residents of each district of the City of Warsaw, and its aim is to raise awareness about the disease in terms of prevention, diagnosis and treatment. At the beginning of 2013, we start the series of lectures "Depresja to nie tabu" within "Depresja w mie艣cie" (Depression in the City) project.
Framework program of lectures for citizens:
- What is depression - depression is a disease, not a weakness,
- Symptoms of Depression
- Causes of depression
- Types of depression,
- How to recognize the disease and how do one know that it is not only a decrease in mood, megrim, blues, but a disease,
- The role of relatives.
- How to talk to a person suffering from depression.
- How to help a person close to someone suffering from depression.
- Where and how to find help - the wemenders.com website.
The "Depresja w mie艣cie" project is implemented by the Wemenders Foundation relates not only to Warsaw, we plan to include as many cities as possible.
Each city , where the Wemenders Foundation will give a lesson "Depresja to nie tabu" will be certified as a "Miasto Wra偶liwe" (Sensitive City), which will prove its serious approach to the issue of mental health among its residents.
If you or your family/friends are interested in meeting with our Foundation and organizing an open lecture on depression in your city, fill in the form and we will contact the authorities of your city and suggest a meeting.