Volunteer Development Levels
Volunteer Development Levels at the Wemenders Foundation
Volunteer- a natural person who provides services voluntarily and without remuneration, engaging in work for, among others, NGOs, church organizations and public administration (as defined in the Act on Public Benefit and Volunteer Work).
Persons who work with the Foundation on the basis of voluntary service are Volunteers and Ambassadors.
Volunteer- occasional, temporary cooperation with the staff of the Foundation or a one-time implementation of a task.
Examples of volunteer tasks:
- Participation in the Fleszmob (should this be "flashmob"?) action.
- One-time help in translation of texts.
- Assistance in organizing specific events (conferences, seminars, lectures)
- Reaching out to potential new users of the website (distribution of leaflets, providing information about the website at "the depressed anonymous" meetings - support group on depression).
- Reaching out to people struggling with depression and those who overcame depression. Persuading them to write or tell their stories.
- Reporting to the Foundation information on conferences, seminars and events related to health that are worth attending.
Ambassador is ongoing, regular cooperation based on current contact with the staff of the Foundation. Ambassadors act as a representative of the Foundation in his/her Region/Town/College. Volunteers who are applying for the status of Ambassador should show active participation in several events carried out by the Foundation during the last six months, where he/she will be able to demonstrate his/her commitment, maturity and responsibility and get a written recommendation form a member of the Foundation's Board Member. Ambassadors receive a special ID from the Foundation.
Examples of the activities of the Ambassador:
- Coordinating the work of several Volunteers in his/her Region/Town/College.
- Constant cooperation with the Foundation in terms of searching for interesting information materials on depression.
- Sending his/her own articles to the Editor of the Foundation.
- Constant cooperation with the Foundation in terms of Volunteer's tasks (point 1).
- Sharing ideas for new projects, which can be used in the Foundation.
- Coordinating the project under the supervision of the Foundation's employee.
- Attending by the Ambassador conferences, seminars, and lectures related to civilization diseases.
- Participating in strategic and decision-making processes of the project in which he/she is involved.
- Coordinating activities within the "Volunteer Day" held in the Ambassador's Region.
Additional privileges of the Ambassador:
- The opportunity to participate in trainings attended by all employees.
- The opportunity to participate in events and major events of the Foundation